1996 formula: Toyota crown model: E-JZS155
Trouble with wireless door lock function
If you hear trouble consultation that auto / door lock does not work and listen to the symptoms in detail, the driver’s seat door key locking / unlocking function, vehicle speed sensitive auto locking function and manual / door locking function operate normally , It was that only the wireless door lock function did not work.
From the above trouble contents, it is considered to be a defect of the transmitter or the door / control / receiver.
Confirm transmitter signal
To check the signal from the transmitter, set the portable radio frequency to FM 78.5 MHz to 78.7 MHz, touch the transmitter’s key plate to the portable radio antenna and press the send switch on the transmitter Noise from the speaker I decided to ask the user to check whether or not.
As a result, since it was said that no sound was produced from the speaker, check the remaining battery capacity of the transmitter with the capacity of “reference material 1” below, explain that the transmitter is defective, replace the transmitter I decided to have it.
Replacing the transmitter
When exchanging the transmitter, since each is supplied as a single item, a unique identification code is required at the time of replacement. When registering the identification code by “reference material 2” below, the wireless door lock function improved.
The trouble of this time is caused by the defect of the transmitter, but depending on the type of car, it is not registration of the identification code, so please be careful as there are types to exchange the ROM in the door control / receiver.
Reference material 1
Battery remaining capacity check
- Use Toyota Electrical Tester.
- In the no-load state, it is not possible to judge whether the lithium battery is good or bad by voltage.
If the transmitter is defective, it may be impossible to check the battery remaining capacity.
Lithium batteries used for the transmitter display testers of 2.5 V or more with no load until the battery capacity is completely lost. Therefore, when checking the remaining battery capacity, it is necessary to measure the voltage with the load (1.2 kQ) applied.
- Use a precision Phillips screwdriver to remove the screw and remove the cover.
- Remove the battery (lithium battery).
- Connect the lead wire to the minus terminal of the transmitter and attach the battery (lithium battery)
- Connect + to the + of the battery (lithium battery) + to the lead of the tester, to the minus of the tester.
- Push the send switch on the side of the transmitter body for about 1 second
- Again press the transmit switch on the side of the transmitter body and check the voltage. (Criteria: 2.1 V or more)
- If the temperature of the battery is low, it is impossible to make an accurate pass / fail judgment. If the inspection result is 2.1 V or less, leave it at 18 ° C or more for more than 3 minutes and then check again.
- The voltage is read before the no-load voltage (2.5 V or more) is 0.8 seconds after pressing the switch by the auto power off function.
- Since 1 or 2 times after standing may show a high voltage, it is judged by voltage after the third time.
- Remove the lead wires.
- Set the battery (lithium battery) in the transmitter.
- Twist the 0 ring and attach the cover so that there is no deviation.
<Reference> When checking, replace O ring
- Using a precision + screwdriver, tighten the screw.
Reference material 2
Registration of identification code
I’m sorry, I will upload the English translation of the document later. Please wait for a while.